1. Прочитайте текст и ответьте на вопрос
JAPAN INCREASES TRADEAND INVESTMENT IN ASIA.
Japan has been the mostpowerful country in Asia, but it had little trade with the region until now. Now, Japan is doing more trade with Asia than with the rest of the world.
In 1985 the US was Japan's main customer; Japan exported a third more to the US than to Asia. Now, Asia buys 30% more than the US and three times as much as Europe. Japanese imports from Asia increased by 150% between 1985 and 1995. Now, Japan's imports amount to $60 billion from Asia in 1993, compared to $50 billionfrom the US and $24 billion from Europe.
In 1994, Japan invested $7.7 million in Asia. During the next few years, 75%of Japan's direct investment will be there. Japanese investment in the region isnow $64 billion, as against US investment of $26 billion, or German investment of$7 billion.
Thailand expects new Japaneseinvestment to reach $8 billion by 1998. Already, Japan controls 90% of Thailand's auto market. Labour costs in Japan are high, so Japanese companies are setting upin countries where workers get paid much less; an increasing number of Japan's employees now live outside Japan.
Выберите правильный ответ на вопросы (А, В или C):
1. Where was Japan's biggest export market in 1985?
2. Which of these regions exports least to Japan?
С The US
3. Japanese investment in the region is expected to increase in the future
A to seventy-five per cent of Japan's total investment.
В by one hundred and fifty per cent.
С to ninety per cent of the Thai auto market.
4. Japan is setting up companies in countries like Malaysia and Thailand because
A they can manufacture better cars.
В investment has increased in recent years.
Сlabour is much cheaper there.
Выберитеправильные ответы из рамки (A-H) на вопросы 5-8:
5. How much will Japan invest in Thailand by 1998? C $8 billion
6. How much have the Americansinvested in the region so far? E $26 billionA $7 billion E $26 billion В $ 7.7 million F $50 billion С $ 8 billion G $60 billion D $24 billion H $64 billion
7. How much did Japan invest in Asia in the financial year 1994? B $ 7.7 million 8. How much did the US export to Japan in 1993? F$ 50 billion2. Прочитайте текст и выберите правильное слово (А, В или С) для каждого пропуска
For years, Vietnam had a classical Marxist economic system characterised bycentral planning and control. Then, in1986, the policy of opening upthe country to market forces and foreign investment was introduced. Ten years later,the effects can be seeeverywhere. Take the city of Hanoi for example. Five years ago you could wander aroundon foot without worrying about traffic. The city itself was peacefuland elegant, with lovely tree-lined avenues and many buildings of great architectural interest. The scene today is very different.Traffic has become a serious problem: Vietnam has 330,000 cars and over four million motorbikes, four times the number there were in 1990. Small hotels and office buildings are springingup all of the city, and commercial rents in Hanoi are now as high as in Paris and 70% higher than in Sydney.
10. A than
Сwhen 3. Вставьте артикли a, the или нулевой артикль
1. Who is the best player in your team?
2. I don't watch a television very often.// // /
3. Is there abank near here? — Yes,at the end of this street.
4. After dinner we watched television.
5. I like sport. My favourite sport is basketball.
6. What time is a nexttrain to London?
7. Everest is the highest mountain in the world.
8. Who was the first President ofthe United States?
9. Do you live here or are you a tourist?
10. Julia is a doctor. Her husband is a teacher.
11. My apartment is on the second floor. Turnleft at the top of stairs, and it's a right.
12. What did you have for lunch?
13.1'd like to have a hamburger for breakfast.
14. Pushkin is the outstanding Russian poet.
15. Can you play the piano?
16.Willyou play chess with me?
17.Atnight I had terrible headache after I had drunk alot of coffee in evening.
18. By the way, have you heard anything from him lately?
19. Are you going to the country on Saturday?
20. Could you tell me the time, please? — It's a quarter past 4.
21. Do this exercise at school and that one at home.
22. What a lovely song!
23. We usually go shopping on Mondays.
24. The Earth goes round the sun.
25. lt took me half a hour to get there.
26. My favourite subject at school is history.4. Напишите следующие существительные во множественном числе1. flower-flowers 12. leaf — leaves 2. woman — women 13. tooth — teeth 3. knife-knives 14. umbrella — umbrellas 4. foot-feet 15. day — days 5. child — children 16. bus — buses 6. person-people 17. shop-shops 7. sheep-four sheep 18. box — boxes 8. holiday-holidays 19. sandwich-sandwiches 9. potato-potatoes 20. week — weeks 10. family-families 21. mouse-mice 11. address — addresses 22. man — men 5. Найдите и исправьте ошибки в предложениях
I'm going to buy some flowers. /нет ошибки
I need a new jeans. — I need newjeans.
There was a woman in the car with two mens.- There was a woman in the car with two men. Sheep eat grass. — Sheep eatsgrass. / Sheep eat grass.
David is married and has three childs. — Davidis married and has three children. Most of my friend are student. — Mostof my friends are students.
Do you know many persons in this town? — Doyou know many people in this town. The town centre is usually full oftourist. — The town centre is usually full of tourists. I don't likemice. I'm afraid of them. — I don't like mice. I'm afraid of it.
10.1 need my glasses, but I can't find it.
11. We'd like three dozens eggs. — We'dlike three dozen eggs.
12. It cost four hundred dollars.
13. There is a lot of sheep in the field. — There are a lot of sheep in the field.
14. Money are not everything. — Money isnot everything.
15. We went fishing, but we didn't catchmany fishes. — We went fishing, but we didn't catch many fish.
16. In summer weeat a lot of fruit.
17. There are forks, spoons and knifes onthe table. — There are forks, spoons and knives on the table. 6. Используйте прилагательные в нужной форме
1. I met my (good) friend yesterday. A. goodest B. better
C. best 2. Mary is (young) in her family.
A. the youngest B. the younger C. young
3. — It isn't very warm today, is it?
No, it was (warm) yesterday. A. more warm
B. warmer C. the warmest 4. Where is (near) post-office, please?
A. the nearest B. the next C. nearer
5. The 22nd of December is (short) day in the year. A. the short B. the shorter
С. the shortest 6. The problem was (serious) we expected. A. seriouser than
B. more serious than 7. Public transport in London is (expensive) than in Europe. A. he expensivest B. the most expensive
C. more expensive 8. Let's go by train. It's much (cheap). A. cheap
B. cheaper С. the cheapest 9. Moscow is (large) city in Russia.
A. the largest B. largest C. larger 10. He has. time than me. A. bigger B. much
С. more 11. I earn (little) money than he does. A. littler B. more little
С. less 12.1s Alan (tall) than Tom?
A. taller B. tall С. as tall as 7. Исправьте предложения, где это необходимо
1. I am busier than my little sister. +
2. London is more old than New York. — London is older than New York.
3. It's the most sharp pencil I have. — It's thesharpest pencil I have.
4. Do you know the shortest way to the station?+
5. This exercise is more difficult than that one.+
6. She is the most pretty girl I've ever known.- She is the prettiest girl I've ever known.
7. The boy is as taller as his father. — The boyis astall than his father.
8. Baseball is the popularest summer sport in America. — Baseball is the most popular summer sport in America
9.Can you come more earlynext time? — Can you come more earlier next time? 10. You should be carefuler.- You should be more careful.8. Заполните пропуски соответствующими местоимениями
1. She washed herhands and face.
2. We invited Liz to stay with us in our house.
3. Do you know that man? — Yes, I know him.
4. That is his book. Give it to him.
5. The bag is heavy. What is there in it?
6. Look at them!.. are playing like kids.
7. — Are you a teacher? — No,i am not.
8. They live in the country their house isn't bigbut it is comfortable.
9 . Can i help you? — Yes, please i would like a pair of shoes.
10. What'syour phone number? May I phone you? 11. Give me your photo and I'll give you me.
12. I don't want this book. You can have it.
13. My sister has a new car, but she doesn't like it.
14.Hehas two sons. He plays football with them in his free time.
15.That'smy book. Can I have it back, please?
16.Ann'snew teacher is Mrs White. Ann likes her a lot.
17.Weare good students, so our teacher likes us.
18. Kate likes Julia, but Mary doesn't like her at all.
19. He buys & newspaper every day and reads it on the train.
20. Look! This is a photo of me with my family.9. Дополните предложения, используя отрицание
1. I like coffee but I don’t like tea.
2.We like playing football but we don’t like play basketball.
3.Sue likes cats but she doesn't like dogs.
4.4.1speak English but I don't speakFrench
5.Tomspeaks French but he doesn'tspeak English
6.The Browns have a son but they haven’t a daughter.10. Ответьте на вопросы
1.How many days are therein a year? There are 365 daysin a year.
2.How many minutes arethere in two hours? There are120 minutes in two hours.
3.How many students arethere in your group? There are16 students in my group.
4.How many months arethere in a year? There are 12months in a year.11. Употребите нужную форму глагола to be
I. Where are you from?
2. How old are you? How old is your brother?
3. What isyour aunt's name?
4. I’mglad to see you. How are you?
5. The dog isin the garden.
6. Tom's parents are travel agents.
7. That book is(not) very interesting. Take this one.
8. The best seatsare 10$.
9. Moscow is the capital of Russia.
10.I’m hot. Open the window, please.
английский язык артикль местоимение
12. Составьте вопросы. Используйте is или are1. (at home/ your mother) Is your mother at home? 2. (your parents /well) Are your parents well? 3. (interesting / your job) Is your job interesting? 4. (the shops / open today) Are the shops open today? 5. (interested in sport / you) Are you interested in sport? 6. (why / you / late) Why are you late? 7. (at school / your children) Are your children at school? 8. (you / married or single) Are married or single? 9. (a lawyer / your wife) Is your wife a lawyer? 10. (where / you / from) Where are from? 13. Дополните предложения. Используйте следующие глаголы
like / boil / get up / go / read / speak / have / drink/ play / open
1. Margaret speaks four languages.
2. In Britain the banks usually open at 9.30 in the morning.
3. Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius.
4. I often play basketball.
5. We always have dinner at 7.30.
6. Children usually like chocolate.
7. I never read in bed.
8. Sometimes I drink coffee for breakfast.
9. I never get upbefore 7 o'clock.
10.10.Usually Igo to work by bus.14. Составьте вопросы, используя слова в нужном порядке
1.Where / live / your/ parents — Where do your parentslive?
2.Swimming/you/like-Do you like swimming?
3.Often / snow / it here- How often does it snow here?
4. Go / usually / to bed / what time / you — What time do you usually go to bed?
5.Your brother / like/ football — Does your brotherlike football?
6.You / want / what /for dinner — What do you wantfor dinner?
7.You / always / early/ get up-Do you always get upearly?
8.How often / you / TV/ watch — How oftendo you watch TV?
9.She / piano / play- Does she play the piano?15. Заполните пропуски в тексте предлогами из рамкиat in about after for with by to on of
James lives in a small flat in Cambridge. He lives with two other boys who are students of Cambridge University. They work hard during the week, but at weekends they invite a lotof friends to their house. They cook a meal for their friends, andthen they go out to the pub for a drink, or they stay. at. homeand listen to music.
James has two jobson Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays he works in a hospital, wherehe helps to look after children who are ill. He goes to the hospitalby bus. He starts at ten o'clock and works until quarter offive. On Thursdays and Fridays he works at home. He has a word processorin his bedroom and he writes stories. On the evenings one ofthe boys cooks a meal for dinner they look in the newspaper to see what ison TV or they talk about their days. They usually go to bedat about midnight16. Дополните предложения, используяhow much и how many
How many potatoes do you want? 2.
How many people are coming to the party? 3.
How much milk do you want in your coffee? 4.
How much bread did you buy? 5.
How many players are there in a football team? 6.
How many mistakes have you done in your test? 7.
How much money have you got? 8.
How many. languages do you speak? 9.
How much time does it take you to get to work? 10.
How much petrol is there in the car? 17. Заполните пропуски, употребивlittle/ a little/few/ a few
1. There was little food in the fridge.It was nearly empty.
2. When did Ann go out? — a few minutesago.
3. I can't decide now. I need a little timeto think about it.
4. The bus service isn't very good at night — thereare few buses after 9 o'clock.
5. We are going away for a few days nextweek.
6. I can't talk to you now — I've got a littlethings to do.
7. I am going out for a walk. I need a littlefresh air.
8. Have you ever been to Rome? — Yes, a fewtimes.
9. Are you going out alone? — No, I am going with a few friends.
10. Excuse me, can I ask you a few questions?
11. There were few people on the bus — it was nearly empty.
12. Would you like some soup? — Yes, a little please.
13. Everybody needs a little luck.
14. I eat very little meat — I don't like it very much.18. Употребите глаголы в Present Simple или Present Continuous
1. Excuse me. (you/ speak) English? — Excuse me.Do you speak English?
2.Where's Tom? —. (he/ have) a shower. — He is having.
3.I (not / watch) televisionvery often. — I don’t watch television very often.
4.Listen! Somebody. (sing).- Somebody is singing.
5.Sandra is tired. (she/ want) to go home now. — She want to go home now.
6.How often. (you / read)a newspaper? — How often do you read a newspaper.
7. Excuse me, but … (you/sit) in my place. Excuseme, but you in my place.
8.I'm sorry, I. (not / understand). Can you speak more slowly? — I'm sorry, I’ don’t understood/didn’tunderstand.
9.It's late.I. (go) homenow. (you / come) with me? — I go home now. Do you come with me?
10.Whattime does your father finish work in the evening?
11.You can turn off the radio. (I / not / listen to) it.- I’m not listening it.
12.Martin. (not / usually / drive) to work. He … (usually/walk).Martin doesn’t usually drive to work. He usually walks.
13. Sue. (not / like)coffee. (She /prefer) tea. — Sue does’n like coffee. She prefers tea.
Martin. (not / usually / drive) to work. He.(usually / walk)